Sunday, October 16, 2011

Who Wants a Clean House???

Right now, I can hear Niecy Nash's voice as I type my latest blot title.  I once regularly watched the reality show, "Clean House"--watching her small crew transform living rooms, bedrooms, and kitchens into clean, beautiful, newly furnished functional spaces after convincing the homeowners to sell their  "Babysitter's Club" books, Beanie Babies, and rusty 8-track players.

As I sit and type...I will admit that my house is a mess.  Normally I do not function well in a chaotic environment, but the mess has me thinking...when is it okay to hold on and keep things?  In the case of my professional development, I've realized, when recently tasked to develop an electronic portfolio, that I failed to hold on to the artifacts tied to my professional accomplishments.  Not thinking solid tangibles would be needed; that my memories would all but cover it, I am at a loss.  So from now on, hubby's stuff is still first in line for the shredder, goodwill, or the dump, but I may need to give my things a second glance.  Treasures may lie within.

No comments:

Post a Comment